This one-room school house was originally located next to the Dorchester Presbyterian Church, approximately one-half mile from this location on Brigdon Road. It was built in 1852 and served as a school on its original site until the 1920’s.
Extensive renovation accomplished the present appearance of the building. It contains a cast iron stove and other furnishings appropriate to a school of that period.
It was donated to the Dorchester Village Civic Center by the Selectmen of the Midway Church and Society, and was moved to this site in 2013.